Welcome to the SandyPondSportsmans Association!
Here is a link to Ice Fishing conditions all over the State. Ice Shanty
This video is a must see if you have any intention of going on the ice this winter. Please take the time to view this before going onto the ice. Just click where it says "download me" and the video should download onto your computer so you can view it. Thank you. Download Me
The S.P.S.A. 40th Annual Ice Fishing Derby is approaching. Below please find the rules and regulations for this derby.
The dates for this derby are 2/13 and 2/14
- YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE YOU FISH!
- ALL NYS RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE IN EFFECT!
- Registration: Friday - Noon till close: Saturday - 5AM to 5PM: Sunday 5AM to Noon
- ADULT DIVISION includes age 16 & above; REGISTRATION FEE is $5.00
- YOUTH DIVISION includes age 15 & below; REGISTRATION FEE is $3.00
- All entry money is PAID BACK IN PRIZES!
- All decisions of the WEIGHMASTER are final!
- All fish are to be caught in the North and South Pond ONLY!
- Weigh Station OPEN: Saturday 9AM to 5PM & Sunday 9AM to 4PM
- Prizes & drawings will be held upstairs in the Clubhouse Sunday at approximately 4:30 PM
- ALL FISH WILL BE JUDGED ON LENGTH; weight will be used as tie breaker; if still tied the EARLIER ENTRY wins.
- The derby is subject to cancellation by the S.P.S.A. at any time due to weather or ice conditions. In case of cancellation all entry fees will refunded UPON PRESENTATION OF THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- All entrants fish at their own risk; The S.P.S.A. does not assume any liability for injuries to entrants or damage to personal property while not on Association property.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
|Northern...3 places||Northern...3 places|
|Perch.......3 places||Perch.......3 places|
With the outstanding support of Senator Pattie Richie we are very pleased and excited to announce that the Sandy Pond Sportsman’s Association has been awarded a Grant to promote fishing on Sandy Pond. That grant was passed this week and to date we do not have the total Grant Disbursement Agreement. That agreement will define our ability and direction we can use the grant to support fishing on the POND.
Through a combination of efforts lead by Sen. Richie, Town of Sandy Creek and the Sportsman’s Club we plan to establish a program to encompass all of the Pond and area business friends to promote this area as a great place to visit and fish, both summer and winter.
Leading the Grant administration is Ms. Nancy Ridgeway, Town Supervisor Sandy Creek and Lee Harvey SPSA. Due to extensive effort prior to and following the grant application and disbursements Mr. Lou Box has been selected as the grant executor. He has accomplished a lion’s share of the grant application process and follow-up and will continue to establish a team to see the grant benefits all with NYS oversight. Lou has been the main stay in obtaining the grant for both the Town and the SPSA will continue head up the success of the grant disbursements to benefit the Pond.
I cannot thank Sen. Richie enough for putting her support behind us and the Pond. It’s an area that not only needs support but can prove its worth to support the economy of the area.
Stay tuned for updates on use and events.
One of our members, Tim Pauldine has written a book about our beloved Sandy Pond. If you would like to order it you can click this link. Sandy Pond
The Queen of Hearts is back and going strong.
George Blanchard recently donated some of his beautiful hand carvings to us and we have them displayed at the club. If you have not had a chance to see them yet click here to see Carvings by George Blanchard thank you George from all of us at the club.
You pick the caption!
Our thanks to you Jeannie!
Check out the first ALL ONLINE Sports show!
Another great link for the NY Sportsman!
We are in the process of updating our email address list. Please take a moment and go to our contact form and send us your information even if you think we already have it. Thank you.
Dear members. If you notice any information that is incorrect on the site, please notify us so it can be corrected. Feel free to forward any corrections, questions or concerns by using our contact form. Just click the link in the menu on the left.
DUES MUST BE PAID BY 3/1 NO EXCEPTIONS!